Wednesday, January 20, 2010

uh-oh

A couple days ago, I put chisel to ice for the first time this season. Oh my. 15 minutes with the chainsaw and angle-grinder, and my wrists are spaghetti. No doubt about it, this is going to take some conditioning.

In other news, I'm still thinking about the layout and order of things. I figure the saguaro will have to be assembled at the END of the competition, 'cause of the danger it would pose to those of us working around it. Plus, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about the bats. Tim's fighting hard for the cougar, and I'm beginning to wonder how much time would be sunk into the bats, which have a great chance of breaking anyway. We'll see.

I grabbed small cougar figurine and a Toob of desert wildlife and as models for sculpting. As a bonus, there's a roadrunner in the pack. hmmm... a roadrunner would be cool. coyote? oh, where to stop? The one thing I wanted, a Javelina figure, seems to be unattainable up here in AK. Maybe I'll entreat upon one of my AZ friends to send me up one....

No comments: