Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Switzerland update

So. Apparently I haven't written in the blog since I first arrived.  I've been busy.  Since I've been in Switzerland I've:
  • Gotten Married (twice, if you count the "official" ceremony and the public celebration separately)
  • Learned a bunch of German.
  • Worked one autumn deep in several valleys scattered throughout the country.
  • Searched for jobs. 
  • Returned to Alaska to finish my PhD. (Yay!)
  • Eaten lots & lots of cheese, sausages, yogurt and Muesli.
  • Rode many trains.
  • Hiked around in the Alps
  • Been to Europa Park (Germany), and The World Fair Expo (Milan, Italy), and Paris.
  • Joined a choir.
  • Started earnestly reworking my MATLAB seismology codes.
I should have written more.  Already, life in Switzerland doesn't seem so strange. 

No comments: