Saturday, August 16, 2008

On the road again!


Well, The summer's been great, but it's time to mosey. Yesterday's trip started after lunch, which was later than I'd hoped, but earlier than I expected. The high volume of traffic turned out to be a perfect sendoff from the east-coast. It took forever to cross the Tappan Zee and make it on up to Hwy 84. Rain accented the red tail-lights of the endless stream of cars. While frustrated at the slow start to the trip, I'm thrilled by the thought that -- once I make it past Chicago-- I won't have to deal with traffic any more!
Meanwhile, Harry Potter was playing on the MP3 player. Since the player works through the car audio, every now and again, a radio station would stamp out the story, and the station would have to be changed. It is only then that we realized (over and over) that the radio was on full blast.
We made it through Norbert before reaching the end of consciousness, and pulling over in Sharon, PA.


Today, I'm hoping we'll make it into Minnesota. The day is gorgeous, and I'm ready to get going.

So far, Since leaving Saratoga, I've had at least 4 conversations about being from Alaska, along with 3 (so I could tell) times overhearing people mentioning it after seeing my vehicle.

Food:Breakfast- last of the duck eggs w/bacon. Lunch:Some sandwiches by the Milford PO, then Arby's for dinner. This morning was the food buffet with a side of internet (free wireless, but the computer needed to be plugged into the wall).

Gas: Filled up once in Scranton $3.59/gal

Lodging: Comfort Inn, Sharon PA. midnight.
Next Time: Check out the anthrocite museum and coal mine tour near Scranton, PA.

No comments: