Thursday, September 22, 2005

blah

Today was a busier day. The sun peeked out of the clouds early, portending a possibly beautiful day contrasted with the forecast of typical gloom-doom and wind. Jessica and Michelle were flown over to Semi early today. They'll be camping there for a few days while they finish up the geology.
I headed up the hill to help with stuff up there. I put conduit on solar panels, cut wires, did some soldering, worked on the vault, and such miscellaneous stuff. Meanwhile, Guy and Tina flew to semi and installed CETU (yay!)
Dinner was a great halibut soup, though it's official name was something I'd never heard before. I also got to talk to Katie on the sat phone. She informed me of some of the outside world's goings-on. Hurricane Rita is threatening to squish Houston, which in turn causes speculation that gas prices may go up to $5 per gallon.
We chatted for nearly a half hour ($$$, glad it's not mine; but I don't feel bad, 'cause I haven't talked to anyone hardly)
Not much else to report. The days are really beginning to merge and blur.

No comments: