Friday, September 23, 2005

boat bound

9:21 AM 9/23/2005 - Friday
I forgot to mention how confused I've been with regard to the days here. I thought for sure that yesterday was Thursday... that's after thinking that it was Tuesday in the AM.

Today I'll be hanging out on the boat, since Jerry's heading up to help on the station and Ed/Guy are going out to try to install the last of the Semi stations. If they do then we'll be able to finally start looking at Semisopochnoi. The weather is also looking like, after a couple 40kt days, it'll settle down a bit.

I'm thinking about fishing, but the idea of catching a 180 lb halibut and then having to deal with it is actually a bit unappetizing.

Last night, another boat showed up in our harbor. It was a bit larger than us, but was the first boat I've seen around since we left Adak (oh, except for a few we've seen from the Earth Station that were cruising far out in the pacific ocean)

No comments: