Wednesday, September 28, 2005

commuters

Today was also a bit frustrating. Tina and Michelle headed out to the island with the morning flight. The rest of us took the boat over. Once somewhere near LS, Guy and Ed flew out to go finish their sites. Then, Max and 6 batteries went out to the beach. Next, Me and 6 batteries.

We dropped off the batteries, and then Bill took me up to LSPA, where I was to prep the hut. With me, I brought the 3D seismometer, the electronics, and a little water.

By this time, it was already something like 2, and the boat wanted to leave by 4:30. Well, the weather wasn't looking promising, so my hut was scrubbed for the day. I did wander around a little, decided it was a nice site, then hopped back in the copter for a trip back to the boat.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be on the first helicopter out with Jessica. If all goes well, I'll do LSPA. If it goes even better, then I'll do LSKO (which is on top of a hill, and usually inaccessible). If it doesn't look good at either of those two sites, I'm going to find and dig out LSNW, which Guy has spotted today.

The weather was still pretty darn nice, and for that I am very grateful... even if I didn't personally get anything done today.

No comments: